We all got habits of doing something.
When you get the habit, you get into the routine and it becomes an addiction.
When you get the habits of doing something, you get used to of it and you cannot stop yourself from doing it.
You will end up doing the same thing over and over again, running around the circle and becomes repetitive.
It’s going to take time to change your habits but you got to focus on your goals.
The bad habits that destroy your success
The 5 bad habits that destroy your success are:
- Procrastinating health
- The amateur ego
- Detrimental snacking
- Fructose overload
- The validation and expectation
These are the 5 bad habits that will destroy your success, it can hold you back and stop you from succeeding.
Bad habit number 1.
- Procrastinating health: procrastination is a nasty habit to have if you want to be successful. It’s unproductive, frustrating and leaves you feeling anxious for no good reason. Procrastination really stands in the way of success. People procrastinate their health more than any project of PowerPoint. Maybe you put off going to the gym or you stop getting a full 8 hours sleep. It’s easy to ignore or forget about your personal health for many people, maintaining a healthy body and mind. Doesn’t really feel like a goal unless you want to lose weight or gain muscles. Mental and physical health often fade into the background. Over time, you pay less and less attention to your healthy habits. Your motivation starts to dwindle and you start to make excuses.
People procrastinate, they say they’re going to do it tomorrow but they didn’t do anything the next day so they make excuses.
Bad habit number 2.
- The amateur ego: imagine you studied an exam and you ask your friend to quiz you. You think it’s easy because your friend ask you the easy ones and you got it wrong in the real exam. All because you couldn’t admit how much you didn’t know. This is a terrible habit to have. Once you’ve learnt a skill, your ego takes over. You will start to skip steps, skip training and cut corners. All that beginner stuff is way too easy. You never practice and learn the fundamentals. You should accept how much you don’t know.
Bad habit number 3.
- Detrimental snacking: think about when was the last time you went to the cinema. Do you eat popcorns and drink coca-cola? Popcorns got a lot of salt and coke got a lot of sugar. Too much salt and sugar are bad for you. Excess sodium dehydrates your body, increase blood pressure, and promotes diseases like osteoporosis and stomach cancer.
Bad habit number 4.
- Fructose overload: salt and sugar taste good but at the same time is bad for you. High fructose corn syrup contains about 50% fructose. Fructose is much harder for your body to utilise and digest.
Bad habit number 5.
- Validation and expectation: success is not designed to give you validation. It’s important to take other people’s wants and needs into account, but ultimately success is something you define on your own. If you want to be successful, you need to concentrate on what you want, not what others expect.
How to stop your bad habits
It’s going to be hard to stop your bad habits because your so used to of doing it. It’s very easy to get into a bad habit.
To stop your bad habits:
- Change your habits
- Change your routine
- Do something different
- Get motivated
- Be proactive
- Learn something new
- Change your mindset
- Be more professional
These are the list that can help you stop your bad habits.