Motivation is not a magical solution to all your problems.
It won’t guarantee you with promotion and it won’t stop you from failing a test.
A lot of people think a little motivation means success, it will fall into their lap but that isn’t how it works.
You see motivation isn’t the answer, it isn’t the endpoint, it’s where you start.
- They don’t start the right way.
- They don’t think enough about where they’re going.
- Some people just pick a random destination with no clue why they chose it.
- Even if they do make it somehow?
- Motivating yourself the right way.
Choosing meaningful goals to persevere through failure. These simple tricks will help you follow a path toward your definition of lifelong success.
The tricks that help you stay motivated
These are the 4 simple tricks that will make you feel motivated:
- Own your goals
- Envision the details
- The power of expectation
- Resurrecting motivation
I’m going to go through all the list about the 4 simple tricks that can help you stay motivated every day.
Trick number 1.
- Own your goals: this is a trap that everyone falls into especially if they just finished university or college, you might have an idea about how your life plays out but is it yours? Is it what you want? Did someone else choose it for you?
He was trying to achieve his parent’s definition of success.
He adopted their goals as his own.
He chose a destination, and a good one, but he never knew why he wanted to get there. It didn’t take long for him to realize he was going the wrong way.
So what’s the point for this story? You’re surrounded by influences and expectations that everyone around you will have a vision of who you are.
No one knows better than you. Don’t spend your life trying to live up to their expectations or run from their criticisms.
You shouldn’t choose a path because people say you should. Your motivation has to come from you.
I’m not telling you to ignore your family or the community but you have the perseverance to achieve your goals if they aren’t yours.
- Set aside a few minutes each day to own your goals.
- Consider where they come from.
- Remind yourself how and why you chose them.
Not only will you feel more pride in who you are, but you’ll also know you’re heading in the right direction.
Trick number 2.
- Envision the details: have you ever thought about what it’s like to be successful? A lot of people think about being successful is having loads of money, having shiny objects like a nice mansion and nice expensive cars.
Imagine your taking an exam at college and you really wanted to pass your exam, how are you going to pass?
You study, revise and take a mock exam before the real exam comes.
You could dream about passing your exam but your goal is to pass your test. That means you will have to study very hard, make a few mistakes and keep revising until you get all the answers on the real exam.
Think about the feel of the pencil in your hand and the seat on your back. They envision themselves winning and then do everything they can to bring that vision to life.
But this trick isn’t limited to short-term goals.
- What is your daily routine look like?
- What do you spend most of your time with?
- What kind of furniture do you own?
These questions may sound pointless, but each one gives you direction and drive. You don’t have to know all the answers. You can turn vague ideas into real achievable goals.
Trick number 3.
- The power of expectation: I mentioned before that other people’s expectations could lead you down the wrong path, they can make you lost and unfulfilled. But, if you already know where you’re headed, expectations can also work wonders.
- All too often I hear about someone hiding their dreams.
- Some stash away their goals on a secret to-do list.
- Others say they won’t show anyone until it’s 100% perfect. It’s never is.
If no one knows what you’re doing, you can get away with not doing it.
That way, you won’t want them to see you give up.
No one likes to admit to a loved one that they’ve failed.
Instead, you want to show up with a product and make them proud. Otherwise, you can lose motivation.
Some people are too shy to tell everyone about their goals because they’re too embarrassed to talk about their business.
Hiding your goals can hold you back, not make you want to carry on.
When you tell everyone that’ll listen, you sometimes assume an identity that isn’t yours.
So why invest the time and effort into something that you already have?
People seem more interested in getting attention and respect than accomplishing their goals.
If you don’t want to tell everyone about your business, you can tell only one person you care about. Work your way up to build your confidence and then tell everyone.
Trick number 4.
- Resurrecting motivation: I wish I can tell you “you’ll feel motivated all the time” but I can’t. Even if you maximize every trick on this list. You’re eventually will feel lazy and unproductive. No matter how ambitious you are, there’s just no avoiding these moments of weakness.
We all want to achieve our goals to success but let me tell you, it takes hard work and effort, you got to put a lot of effort into it until you get there.
A lot of people think motivating yourself is easy but it requires hard work. They expect things to be smooth and easy, but life obviously doesn’t work that way.
You got to motivate yourself to get to your goals.
Nothings easy in life, everything is a responsibility, effort and hard work but you got to get over it.
I hope this article is informative and help you stay motivated.